mama scout lab e-course

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Surprise! My kids made me waffles!





My husband and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary with a surprise breakfast made entirely by our kids.

The banging and shouting woke us up and as soon as we started downtairs my daughter, who was in charge of the caper yelled, "DON'T COME DOWN!!!!!" GO BAAAAACK!!!

So, I took a bath and finished The Kitchen House and then came down to a set table complete with candles (!), OJ with Perrier (kid mimosas) and the best waffles ever.

My middle son gifted me with dozens of documentary photos of the process. I loved looking through them later and tried not to say anything about the counter sitting or white chocolate chip snacking or mess. In fact, it was the one mess I have cleaned up that had me smiling the whole time.

3 comments:

  1. OK, not only is this the sweetest thing ever, but the fact that your son thought to document it with pictures is the best!!

    Happy Anniversary to two much-loved parents!

    p.s. thanks for your super kind words yesterday....they really have me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Amy!!! And what a great gift from your kids....
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...