mama scout lab e-course

Thursday, November 10, 2011

make cloud dough

This is popping up all over Pinterest and Facebook. I first saw it here.  I thought we had made every kitchen concoction - but I was wrong! Cloud dough is easy and great to work with. It is soft, and holds its shape like moon sand, then crumbles. My 5year old really enjoyed playing with it. He buried dinosaurs and excavated them, built roads and then tore them up and explored the properties of this weird dough/sand. 

The recipe is just:

8 cups of flour
1 cup of oil (baby, sunflower, olive.....anything)
(apparently you can half this recipe too)

Mix and blend and squeeze for about five minutes and you are done. And it seems like it would last a long time so we made it in a big tub that we could also use for storage. 

Have you made cloud dough? What other things did you add?

 I am thinking about color, glitter, fragrances....








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...