mama scout lab e-course

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

florida peaches



These are the peaches I bought, the market where I bought them and the orchard where they were grown. All within 10 miles of each other. This makes me very happy; they are good and sweet and local. Another new Florida crop. I am wondering if peach blossom honey will be next.
I grew up knowing the taste of strawberry season, watermelon season and to a lesser extent citrus seasons. My children will have those seasons, plus blueberry and peach season.

What is new and exciting and growing in your region? What are the seasonal tastes that will accompany your children into their adulthood? Is this phenomenon less salient because we can buy most produce year round? Or has it intensified as we search to find and maintain the natural rhythms of our ancestors?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...